One Legal is excited to offer eFiling services to San Diego legal professionals.
eFiling is live in the Central Division. As of March 4, 2013, eFiling is mandated for the following case types:
- Civil Class Actions
- Consolidated Actions
- Coordinated Actions, where all of the cases are imaged
- Provisionally Complex Actions under CRC 3.400-3.403. (General Order of the Court No. 010313)
- Antitrust/Trade Regulation
- Mass Tort
- Environmental/Toxic Tort
- Securities Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Claims (arising from above case types)
- Construction Defect & JCCP - beginning June 2, 2014
Documents may be eFiled in civil cases in the Central Division where either (1) the case is first initiated on or after March 4th 2013; or (2) the case is pending as of March 3rd 2013 and has been imaged by the Court.
Additionally, documents may be filed electronically in non-mandated probate cases court-wide where either: (1) the case is first initiated on or after October 1, 2013; or (2) the case is already pending as of October 1, 2013 and has been imaged by the court.
Benefits to Filers
- 5 p.m. filing deadline*
- eFiling provides a direct link between the filer and the Court
- 24/7 access to eFiling anywhere in the world
- eFiled documents take less time for the Court to process
- Security and control of documents - documents and court filing fees will reach the clerk
- Special access to CaseLink for Enhanced eService for Construction Defect and JCCP cases only
- Lower fees compared to most other methods of filing
- Statutory fees are advanced to the court on your behalf - no convenience fee assessed
*Please allow time for transmission and conversion of documents prior to the Court's deadline.