Subscribe via E-mail

Your email:

Posts by Category

One Legal Blog

Current Articles | RSS Feed RSS Feed

One Legal Presents at Bay Area Legal Forum

On Saturday, July 28, I was lucky enough to be invited to speak at the Bay Area Legal Forum. This event took place at the Four Points Sheraton in Pleasanton, and proved itself to be an informative and educational opportunity. Shara Bajurrin, a paralegal at McClellan, Ingersoll, Thompson & Horn spoke first. She discussed manual calendaring procedures for state courts and addressed calendaring issues from the first initial complaint all the way through trial. As I listened to her speak, I felt a wave of gratitude that calendaring is not part of my job description! Shara was a wealth of information and provided many helpful tips. One of the most important things I took away from her presentation is that if at all possible, convince your attorney to invest in an online calendaring tool! Manual calendaring is not an easy task.Bay Area Legal Forum

I was pleased to present right after Shara, as our Saving Trees & Time presentation goes into detail about the benefits of eFiling and eService. One of the many benefits of eService is that it makes your calendaring job much easier. No longer do you have to count calendar days and take into consideration weekends, court holidays, and furlough days. eService is very straightforward. If you eServe a document, the response time is extended by two court days. This takes much of the guess work out of calendaring.

Although I could not compete with the party raging next door (there was a motivational speaking event in the suite next to us), I think we all had a pretty good time and I know that we all took away something educational. After I concluded my presentation, I was able to answer many questions and interact with a lot of familiar faces as well as meet some new ones. All in all, a successful event!

If you would like to learn more about eFiling and eService, please contact our Training team at training@onelegal.com.

Comments

Currently, there are no comments. Be the first to post one!
Post Comment
Name
Email
Website (optional)
Comment

Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics