Subscribe via E-mail

Your email:

Follow Us!

Posts by Category

One Legal Blog

Current Articles | RSS Feed RSS Feed

Bookmarking Your Exhibits for eFiling in Orange County Superior Court

California Rule of Court 3.1110(f) specifies that each exhibit must be separated by "hard or plastic tabs..."   By inference then, documents filed electronically must have virtual tabs, i.e. bookmarks.

Orange County Superior Court's memorandum of January 14, 2011, specifies that "effective March 1, 2011, all electronically filed law and motion documents must have all exhibits bookmarked."

Many of you have already downloaded our guide for creating bookmarks in Adobe Acrobat 7.0.  For those of you utilizing Acrobat 8. 0 or 9.0, I've found a great video presentation for bookmarking in 9.0.  (Note:  8.0 and 9.0 function similarly).

Click on the image below and you will be directed to this Adobe presentation.

creating bookmarks for orange county superior court efiling

Other things to be aware of:

• You will need Adobe Acrobat in order to bookmark.  Adobe Reader does not have the necessary functionality.
  • Only bookmark the first page of the exhibit, the exhibit tab, or the exhibit tab placeholder itself.
  • Label it just like you would a paper exhibit tab (e.g. "Exhibit A", "Exhibit B", etc.).
  • Do not submit your exhibits separately; they should be attached to the document just like they would be in the paper world.

If you need any assistance, do not hesitate to email our training team at training@onelegal.com.  We'll promptly respond to your request and can even set up a quick virtual demo if you need!

We would appreciate you letting us know if this presentation has been helpful by commenting below. 

Comments

We don't have Adobe Acrobat but found a different bookmarking download - will this make a difference in bookmarking our exhibits - or do we have to use Adobe Acrobat? 

Thank you!
Posted @ Thursday, December 01, 2011 11:17 AM by Sharon
Hi Sharon, You don't have to use Acrobat to bookmark. As you've discovered, there are other applications that will suffice. As long as your documents are bookmarked prior to submission to the court, they do not care which application you used. Thanks for the question!
Posted @ Thursday, December 01, 2011 12:59 PM by Mark Schwartz
What are some other applications that can be used to bookmark instead of Acrobat? My office doesn't have that application currently.
Posted @ Wednesday, December 07, 2011 6:00 PM by Bryant Galindo
Hi Bryant, 

Check out this link for a bunch of alternatives:  

http://alternativeto.net/software/adobe-acrobat-suite/.  

I've talked to some customers who have used NitroPDF and Foxit (2 of the apps. on the list) with success. Thanks for the question! 
Posted @ Thursday, December 08, 2011 10:58 AM by Mark Schwartz
Post Comment
Name
Email
Website (optional)
Comment

Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics